Welcome to the Year 1 class page!
This week in English, we are writing a song! Ask us to sing 'Use your imagination'. We all sing it beautifully!
In Science, we are already learning about animals and the 5 animal groups. Please find below the Knowledge Organiser to see what knowledge your child is learning.
Just some notes for the Calendar...
- PE kits to be provided for P.E. every Thursday.
- Forest School is every Wednesday afternoon and we ask that the children bring their wellies in a named bag. They have such fun over there!
- Homework is to be set every Monday. It will be set on Google Classroom. A copy of the homework is also going to be made available on the Homework tab below.
- Reading is vital. We ask that you write comments every time you hear your child read. The reading books will be changed twice a week. Please find a copy of a leaflet below to help you further.
- Every Friday, Dr. James will be providing the children with a range of books to buy for just one pounds! They can purchase a book to keep! It's a brilliant deal! Let's see how many books they can accumulate over time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us using the email address below. We will endeavour to get back to you as soon as we can.
Year 1 staff
Here is a website that you can use for free. There is a range of books and it will help support your child's reading.